WorkingOn on Vista 64bit

Feb 9, 2009 at 1:46 PM
Dan,

I love your "Fogbugz WorkingOn" tray app - but unfortunately, now on Vista 64-bit, it doesn't seem to remember any "recently worked on" items.....

Any idea why??

Marc
Coordinator
Feb 9, 2009 at 7:04 PM
Edited Feb 9, 2009 at 7:05 PM
Marc,

I'm using Vista 64-bit (and have been for some time) with no issues, so I don't think that's the problem.

The "recently worked on" menu should list any cases that are:
  1. active AND
  2. assigned to you AND
  3. have at least one time tracking interval for your account applied against it
If a case you've worked on has been resolved/closed, or has been reassigned to someone else, it will not show up in the list. This was a concious design decision on my part, the reasoning being that if you're tracking time against a case it should be both open (or re-opened) and assigned to you.

Thanks for using WorkingOn, I'm glad you find it helpful!
Apr 4, 2009 at 1:24 PM
I have the same issue and it seems to be related to the fact that my cases don't have a due date. I only assign a release to the case.
Apr 5, 2009 at 10:49 AM
Same here - my cases usually only have a "fix for" release associated, but hardly ever a due date.

Daniel - could this be causing the case not to be added to the "recently worked on" items list?
Coordinator
Apr 5, 2009 at 1:44 PM
I don't think so... I usually don't assign a due date to mine either. I know there have been a couple updates to FogBugz since I last really looked at it, so I wonder if a bug might've effectively been introduced. I'll have to take a look this week.
Apr 9, 2009 at 3:34 PM
Daniel - congratulations.  Very helpful tool for the most part however there is an issue causing some annoyance to my team, which is turning them off using it.

When displaying cases by sprint, the cascading menus spill onto any second monitor you might have.  Due to the selective overlaying of submenus back onto the main menu, this means the case menu cannot be accessed with the mouse.  Manual navigation of the menu is possible with the cursor keys but that has to begin prior to selecting the sprint menu.

Can something be done about the positioning of the menus?  Maybe make it a taskbar toolbar instead?

Cheers,
.pd.