Continues working long after I log out...

Jul 28, 2010 at 7:00 PM
This app has been great helping me be able to keep track of time that I have spent on various projects. I ran into a hiccup last night though when I forgot to stop working on a bug before I logged out. As a result, updated my fogbugz timesheet with a lot of extra time that I was not working on that particular case. Has anyone else seen this? I would imagine that when you log out of windows (when the app is closed), it should signal that you are not working on that bug).
Coordinator
Jul 29, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Nice to see people other than me are still using this!

I've run into this once or twice, but I think in general that it is the desired functionality. I don't think work should end unless the user explicitly says it does. There have been several times where I've had to reboot while testing something, and I definitely wouldn't have wanted it stopping the tracking then.

Jul 29, 2010 at 6:19 PM
Yeah, I could see how that could be the expected behavior. Here is another idea that might help in both cases. When the app shuts down, it records the time it shutdown and the state of working vs not working on a case. Then, when it starts back up, it would prompt and say (if you were working on a case) "You were working on this case, do you want to continue working?" Also include a checkbox (default checked) that would tell it to include the elapsed time since the app restart. What this would do is allow a log out at the end of the day to stop logging time at the point of logout, but when you log in the next morning it could allow you to automatically start working on the case again (and not record the time you spent while you were at home sleeping). Additionally, if you just were rebooting to test something, you could leave the box checked and it would keep on going as if nothing happened.