Evidence-based scheduling and you

Nov 21, 2007 at 9:17 PM
I was thinking about what sorts of indicators the tool could use to report more accurate numbers. One obvious example might be idle time or screensaver activity. There could be some configurable per-user options instructing the WorkingOn tool to suspend work when your screensaver kicks in, and resume work when it stops.
Coordinator
Nov 22, 2007 at 4:38 AM

LeeQueirolo wrote:
I was thinking about what sorts of indicators the tool could use to report more accurate numbers. One obvious example might be idle time or screensaver activity. There could be some configurable per-user options instructing the WorkingOn tool to suspend work when your screensaver kicks in, and resume work when it stops.

Good idea. I was actually already thinking about a little "reminder" popup bubble or something, because I know I always forget to stop it.
Dec 5, 2007 at 8:14 PM
Maybe suspend work if you navigate away from XYZ or ABC applications for more than ## minutes. For example, if your work happens in Visual Studio, SSMS, Outlook, etc., then chances are if you've not had one of those apps in the foreground for more than a couple minutes that you're doing something else, production issue, helping a peer, whatever. Or maybe, that's starting to get too big brother-ish.
Dec 21, 2012 at 12:34 PM

could be useful , 
but what if - i have a schedule task - for a discussion - i click on working on - i may be in discussion room over phone - not doing anything on my machine .

Can keep it configurable.